In-person classes have been canceled due to a rise in local outbreaks of COVID-19. We are adding more virtual classes and hope you will join us! We will continue to keep you updated via our website, newsletters and social media. We also have online workshops and shows to look forward to!
To sign-up for our newsletter, click here.
- Virtual: Workshop Series: "Dance Conditioning"Sundays: JAN 17-FEB 7: 9:30-11:00 AM (MST)Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.Strong bodies build strong dancers and strong humans! Sweat, tone, and stretch with Nicole Surran for this 4 week workshop meant to bring you strength in 2021 and beyond.
- Virtual: Dance & Art Workshop ClassSATURDAYS 9:45 AM-10:45 AM: JAN 2-JUNE 26Zoom Link will be e-mailed @ registration.In this workshop, we'll explore our own natural movement by dancing from within, in silence. Then we'll transfer the sensations, images, etc. we experience while moving into a visual form through drawing or painting. No fee to participate. Donations accepted on Home page "Help Keep ZUZI! Moving".
- Virtual: "Moving Towards" A Somatic Dance ClassSUNDAYS 2:00 PM-3:00 PM: JAN 3-JUNE 27Zoom Link will be e-mailed @ registration.In this somatic dance class, we'll start with a guided somatic exploration of areas of tension, discomfort, or pain, and through this exploration, move towards wholeness and suppleness, finding our own natural movement. No dance experience necessary.
- Virtual Class Series: "Water Witches"Wednesdays @ 4:00 PM (MST/Arizona)Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.These classes are for individuals who crave creative expression, embodied support, grounding and empowerment during these times of personal and collective transformation. Here is a safe cauldron to connect from anywhere in the world to dive deeply into your own earth based-body wisdom.
- Dance in Nature: A Site Specific Improvisation Dance ClassJanuary 23 /1:30 PMRillito River Walk Park, Tucson, AZ 85712, USAThis class focuses on both individual and group dance explorations in relation to our natural environment. Be prepared for some deep listening to the rhythms of the body with a playful, spontaneous relationship to our environment.
- Virtual: Beginning Ballet with a Contemporary TwistThursdays @ 6:00 PM: January 14 & 21Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.This is a two-class series for January, to reconvene in March. A more traditional Ballet class with a Contemporary twist: This class will cover basic ballet steps and musicality at the barre and in the center
- Virtual: "Movement Fusion"~ A Combination of Modern Dance, Ballet, Yoga Poses and Pilates.Mondays @ 6:15 PM: Beginning January 11Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.Class will draw from the Pilates Principles and will include movements from the Fletcher Pilates® repertoire, ballet and modern dance as well as yoga poses to create a fusion experience!
- WORKSHOP SERIES: Embracing the Virtual World Through Creative Group DanceJAN 10-JAN 31: Sundays 12:30 PM - 1:30 PMZoom link will be e-mailed at registration.Can we find connections with each other through the rectangular Zoom boxes? Yes, we absolutely can! Through individual and group movement progressions and explorations, we will discover the natural dancer within each of us and explore new ways of dancing together while apart.
- Virtual: Lucid Movement Class - THURSDAYSTHURSDAYS 11 AM - Noon (MST): JAN 7-FEB 18Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.This is, primarily, an Improv dance class, but incorporating Skinner Releasing Technique as a foundation and as a continued growth. We will also approach some basic elements used in Modern, Contemporary & Aerial Dance. Thursdays 11:00 AM - Noon (MST/Arizona, USA)
- Virtual: Lucid Movement Class - TUESDAYSTUESDAYS 11 AM - Noon (MST): JAN 5-FEB 16Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.This is, primarily, an Improv dance class, but incorporating Skinner Releasing Technique as a foundation and as a continued growth. We will also approach some basic elements used in Modern, Contemporary & Aerial Dance. Tuesdays 11:00 AM - Noon (MST/Arizona, USA)
- Virtual: Contemporary Dance Class - SATURDAYSSATURDAYS 11 AM-Noon (MST): JAN 9 - FEB 20Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.This class uses body movements ranging from quick-spontaneous to slow-fluid. We work on strength development, flexibility & inner connection. Class begins with a warm-up based on Bartenieff/Laban & Skinner Releasing principles & develops into combinations and routines.
- Virtual: Contemporary Dance Class - SUNDAYSSUNDAYS 11 AM-Noon (MST): JAN 10 - FEB 21Zoom link will be e-mailed at registration.This class uses body movements ranging from quick-spontaneous to slow-fluid. We work on strength development, flexibility & inner connection. Class begins with a warm-up based on Bartenieff/Laban & Skinner Releasing principles & develops into combinations and routines.
- 2021 Calendars!Calendars on sale now!Calendars available via this page.ZUZI! Calendars for the new year are available for purchase! They contain beautiful photos of ZUZI! shows and are $15 each ~ ALL proceeds help ZUZI! continue its Mission, bringing the community a variety of classes, workshops, performances, dance education and somatic practices!