May 30 – June 2: 9:00am-1:00pm|
High Flyin' Arts Summer Camp
ZUZI! Dance's literacy-based High Flyin’ Arts summer camp allows students to explore the dramatic and visual arts of aerial low flying trapeze, creative dance, and various forms of artwork. This year’s camp is based on the children’s story Dream Animals: A Bedtime Story by Emilie Winifield Martin.
Time & Location
May 30 – June 2: 9:00am-1:00pm
ZUZI! Dance, located inside: The sYnapse at Studio Y, 650 N 6th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705, USA
About the Event
ZUZI! Dance's literacy-based High Flyin’ Arts summer camp allows students to explore the dramatic and visual arts of aerial low flying trapeze, creative dance, and various forms of artwork. Each day will include physical movement through technique and choreography and an artistic expression in the form of costuming, art, and theater training. The camp session will conclude on Friday, June 2nd with a showcase of the skills learned and projects completed by the campers over the course of the 4 camp days. This year’s camp is based on the children’s story Dream Animals: A Bedtime Story by Emilie Winifield Martin.
Please read this entire section (click on "read more") below and the information in this link: (https://www.zuzimoveit.org/safety-guidelines) before continuing registration and processing your payment.
Dates: May 30 – June 2
Student Age: 7-14
Total enrollment: 12 students
Schedule (specific classes may rotate but time length is the same):
· 9:00-9:30am: Warmup
· 9:30-10:30am: Visual arts, aerial or dance movements
· 10:30-11:00am: Lunch
· 11:00-11:50am: Visual arts, aerial or dance movements
· 11:55am-Noon: Break
· Noon-1:00pm: Visual arts, aerial or dance movements
Nanette Robinson, Dance improv and Choreography
Scott Bird, Aerial Trapeze
Melinda Dohrling, Costume design
Felicia Chew, Visual Arts
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com.
Important things to remember:
· Please bring snack, lunch, and water bottle for your child.
· Comfortable clothing appropriate for trapeze, dance, and visual arts
· Look around your closets for leggings (any color)
· An oversized t-shirt to wear as a smock in art class
Youth should wear something comfortable so that they can soar through the air and upside down – no jeans because of zippers and buttons and the girls should wear form-fitting tops.
Policies & Important Information:
● Class registration is not complete until payment is made in full--space in class is not guaranteed until payment is complete.
● ZUZI! is not responsible for money or items lost or stolen, damaged or left behind in the studio or performance sites. However, please let us know if you are missing something so we may check our lost and found or post a notice.
● ZUZI! may use video and/or photographs taken during class or performance for publicity and/or advertising purposes. Please let us know if you or your child does NOT want to be used in media print or online so we can accommodate your needs.
● ZUZI! staff, faculty, Board of Directors, or lessors are not responsible for injury to myself or my child, whether based on allegations or not, in any form, by any reason of my participation in ZUZI! classes, rehearsals, performance and related programs or events. We always request that our dancers take care of their bodies and that they should immediately notify an instructor if they are in pain of any kind.
● ZUZI! wants to ensure the safety of each of its students. Therefore, after class students must wait inside the studio to be picked up by parent or guardian.
● If you wish to cancel after registration, there is a $50 cancellation fee.
Camp Registration Fee